Preparation time: 3 hrs 25 mins
Cooking time: 10 mins
- 1/4 c olive oil
- 1/4 c soy sauce
- 1 1/2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 1/2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 2 1/2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tbsp honey
- 2 tsp Dijon
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 1 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1 3/4 lbs sirloin steak (look for thicker steaks), cut into 1 1/4 inch pieces
- 8 oz button or cremini mushrooms, halved (unless small, keep whole)
- 3 bell peppers (1 red, 1 green, 1 yellow) cut into 1 1/4-inch pieces
- 1 large red onion diced into chunks (about 1 1/4-inch)
- 1 Tbsp olive oil, plus more for brushing grill grates
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 10 wooden skewer sticks soaked in water for at least 30 minutes
- For the marinade: In a mixing bowl whisk together all marinade ingredients.
- For the kebabs: place steak into a gallon size resealable bag. Pour marinade over steak then seal bag while pressing out excess air and massage marinade over steak. Transfer to refrigerator and allow to marinate 3 - 6 hours.
- Preheat a grill over medium-high heat to about 425 degrees (partway through preheating clean grill grates if they aren't already clean).
- With veggies on cutting board, drizzle with oil and lightly toss to coat (I actually don't toss the onion because I like it to stay in chunks, when you thread the onion on layer in chunks about 2 - 3 slices so they don't burn up).
- Sprinkle veggies evenly with garlic powder and season with salt and pepper. To assemble kebabs layer steak and veggies onto kebabs in desired order, work to fit 4 steak pieces onto each kebab (I like to layer 2 onion slices together).
- Brush grill grates lightly with oil. Place kebabs on grill and grill until center of steak registers about 140 - 145 degrees for medium doneness, turning kebabs occasionally, about 8 - 9 minutes. Serve warm.
Posted by Coba Grills and we thank Cooking Classy for this delicious recipe and the recipe link https://www.cookingclassy.com/steak-kebabs/