Preparation time: 20 mins
Cooking time: 15 mins
- 2 cups orange juice
- 1-pint blackberries
- 1 tablespoon dry mustard
- 1 tablespoon sweet paprika
- 1 teaspoon ground chile de arbol
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoons five-spice powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 4 duck breasts
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Olive oil
- Bring orange juice to a boil in a medium saucepan over high heat. Reduce heat to medium and cook until juice is reduced by half, about 5 to 10 minutes. Add in blackberries and cook for 2 minutes more. Place a fine-mesh strainer on top of a bowl and strain juice mixture into a bowl. Discard solids.
- In a small bowl, mix together mustard, paprika, chile de arbol, cinnamon, five-spice powder, and coriander. Set aside.
- Score duck skin diagonally every 1/2-inch. Brush duck breasts all over with oil and season with salt and pepper. Rub spice mixture onto skin side of each breast.
- Light one chimney full of charcoal. When all the charcoal is lit and covered with grey ash, pour out and spread the coals evenly over the entire surface of coal grate. Set cooking grate in place, cover grill and allow to preheat for 5 minutes. Clean and oil the grilling grate. Place duck breasts on the grill, skin side down, until browned and crisp, about 5 to 7 minutes. Flip and continue to cook, brushing duck every minute with orange-blackberry glaze, until an instant-read thermometer registers 130 degrees when inserted into the middle of breasts. Remove duck from the grill and let rest for 5 to 10 minutes. Slice and serve.
Posted by Coba Grills and we thank The Meatwave for this delicious recipe and the recipe link is https://meatwave.com/recipes/grilled-spice-rubbed-duck-breast-recipe