Preparation time: 20 mins
Cooking time: 40 mins
- 6 fresh yellow cling peaches
- 1/4 cup dark brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- Bring a medium pot of water to a boil. Make two small X-shaped cuts on the bottom of each peach to help the skin peel easily. Set up a medium-sized bowl of ice and water to make an ice bath.
- When the water comes to a boil, drop peaches in and let boil for about 1 minute. Remove from water and place in the ice bath.
- Peel the peaches and cut them in half, remove the pit and cut into 4 wedges for each half. Place in a baking dish.
- Mix brown sugar, cinnamon, vanilla, and cornstarch in with the peaches and set to the side.
- Preheat the oven to 350 F.
- In a small bowl, mix the butter, sugar, flour, baking powder and salt until a cookie-dough-like batter forms. Sprinkle the mixture over top of the peaches making sure it's evenly distributed.
- Place in the oven for about 35 to 40 minutes, until the filling is bubbling and the topping is slightly brown. Let cool for 15 to 20 minutes before serving.
Posted by Coba Grills and we thank Today for this delicious recipe and the recipe link https://www.today.com/recipes/southern-peach-cobbler-recipe-t225165