Preparation time: 30 mins
Cooking time: 6 mins
For the salmon
- 2 (5 - 6 ounce) wild salmon filets
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon packed brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Pinch of cayenne (optional)
- Juice of half a lemon
For the sandwiches
- 2 croissants split in half sandwich-style
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon zest
- Squeeze of lemon juice
- 4 cooked bacon slices
- 4 thick tomato slices
- 4 large pieces of green lettuce
- For the salmon, preheat gas grill, covered, on highest heat for 15 minutes.
- While the grill is heating, stir together smoked paprika, salt, brown sugar, black pepper, and cayenne. Spoon lemon juice on salmon. Rub the spice mixture into the salmon and set aside until ready to cook.
- Leave one grate on high heat and turn the remaining grates to medium-low. Brush the grates thoroughly with cooking oil (I use tongs and a paper towel). Place salmon, skin side up, on hottest grate, and cook until grill marks appear, about 1 minute. Flip the salmon so the skin side is down, close grill, and cook for an additional 3-4 minutes.
- Re-oil cooler grates. Move salmon, skin side up, to cooler grates, until fish is cooked through, about 1-2 more minutes. Set aside.
- To assemble the sandwiches, toast the croissants lightly. Stir together mayonnaise, lemon zest, and lemon juice. Spread a dollop of the mayonnaise mixture onto the top half of each croissant. On the bottom slice, layer lettuce, tomatoes, bacon and finally salmon. Top the salmon with mayonnaise-coated slice. Serve BLTs with additional lemon slices and potato chips.
Posted by Coba Grills and we thank The Kitchn for this delicious recipe and the recipe link https://www.thekitchn.com/griiling-recipe-smoky-salmon-blts-recipes-from-the-kitchn-172079