Preparation time: 15 mins
Cooking time: 5 hrs
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1 (4 pound) pork shoulder roast
- 1 cup barbeque sauce
- 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon prepared yellow mustard
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 extra-large onion, chopped
- 2 large cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 8 hamburger buns, split
- 2 tablespoons butter, or as needed
- Pour the oil into the slow cooker.
- Carefully place the pork into the pot, turning to coat in the oil.
- Add in the BBQ sauce, apple cider vinegar, and chicken broth, stirring around the meat to mix together.
- Add in the brown sugar, yellow mustard, Worcestershire sauce, chili powder, onion, garlic, and thyme.
- Mix the seasonings into the sauce, turning the pork to coat.
- Put the lid on and cook on high for five to six hours – or on low for 10 to 12 hours.
- Test that the pork is at the right temperature and that it will easily shred with a fork. Carefully remove the pork and place it on a tray or chopping board. Using two forks, pull the meat apart until completely shredded.
- Carefully add the meat back into the slow cooker and stir into the juices. Leave the meat to rest and soak up the flavors for 15 minutes.
- Spread the burger buns with the butter and toast until golden brown, in a skillet over medium heat.
- Spoon the pulled pork into the burgers. Serve as a bun, or with added slaw.
Posted by Coba Grills and we thank Insanely Good Recipes for this delicious recipe and the recipe link https://insanelygoodrecipes.com/slow-cooker-texas-pulled-pork/