Preparation time: 10 mins
Cooking time: 10 mins
- 2 Tbsp canola oil
- 1 chopped onion
- 1 cup cauliflower florets
- ½ cup shredded or finely chopped carrot
- ½ cup fresh or frozen peas (optional)
- 2 tsp chopped garlic
- ⅔ cup of water
- ⅓ cup chopped apricots
- ½ bunch of fresh spinach
- 2 cups cooked Basmati rice
- 3 Tbsp pine nuts or pumpkin seeds
- 3 Tbsp fresh chopped coriander or mint leaves
- 2 tsp curry powder
- 1 tsp ginger-garlic paste
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- ½ tsp red chilli powder
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp cardamom
- ¼ tsp garam masala powder
- ⅛ tsp turmeric
- Mix Spice Mix ingredients together in a small bowl and set aside.
- Heat canola oil in a frypan over medium-high heat. Add onion, cauliflower and carrots. Sauté for 5-7 minutes until vegetables are soft.
- Add in garlic, Spice Mix and water, cook for one minute.
- Add apricots, spinach, cooked basmati rice and pine nuts stir, cover and simmer until heated through; about 2-3 minutes.
- Fluff and serve topped with chopped herbs.
Posted by Coba Grills and we thank EatInEatOut for this delicious recipe and the recipe link is https://eatineatout.ca/vegetable-biryani/