Preparation time: 25 mins
Cooking time: 5 mins
- 1 lb. large raw shrimp- thawed, peeled and deveined
- 1–2 tsp. oil
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. sugar
- 1 tsp. yellow curry powder
- ½ tsp. allspice
- ½ tsp. cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- ½ tsp. ground ginger
- ¼ tsp. cayenne or chipotle powder
- Mango Cabbage Slaw– 2 Cups
- Cuban Style Black Beans (1 can) – or sub 1 can ( regular) black beans seasoned with 1 teaspoon cumin, 1 teaspoon coriander, 1 teaspoon chili powder and salt & pepper to taste.
- 6-8 toasted corn & flour tortillas ( 6-inches)
- Chipotle Mayo (optional, but tasty!)
- Pat dry shrimp well. Drizzle with just enough oil to lightly coat- 1 to 2 teaspoons.
- Mix all spices, salt and sugar in a small bowl. Toss spices with shrimp, mixing well. Set aside and make Mango Cabbage Slaw.
- Grill the shrimp over medium-high heat…or pan-sear on med-high in a well-oiled cast-iron skillet, until just cooked. Squeeze with 1/2 of a lime.
- Serve with grilled or toasted tortillas (this is important, see above) and Cuban Style Black beans (black beans seasoned with cumin, coriander, chili powder (or chipotle), salt and pepper) - or purchase “Cuban style” canned black beans from Trader Joes (see post).
- Optional: Drizzle with Chipolte Mayo for even extra flavor.
Posted by Coba Grills and we thank Feasting At Home for this delicious recipe and the recipe link is https://www.feastingathome.com/caribbean-shrimp-tacos/