Preparation time: 15 mins
Cooking time: 40 mins
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 large onion, diced
- 2 ribs celery, diced
- 1 large green bell pepper, diced
- 6 cloves garlic, sliced or minced (your preference)
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1½ cups sliced fresh tomatoes (or 1 can of whole-peeled tomatoes)
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 pounds (21/25) large uncooked shrimp
- Creole seasoning, to taste
- 1 dash cayenne pepper (if you like it spicy!)
- cooked rice, for serving
- 2 green onions, chopped, for garnish
- Add butter to a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add onion, celery, bell pepper, and garlic, and sauté until veggies are lightly browned.
- Stir thyme, salt, pepper, and flour into the onion mixture and cook for 2 minutes or until completely mixed.
- Add chicken broth, tomatoes, and bay leaves. Reduce heat and simmer for 20 to 25 minutes, stirring occasionally and making sure to burst the tomatoes when they begin to blister.
- Remove bay leaves. Add shrimp and cook for about 5 more minutes.
- Add Creole seasoning, to taste, and a dash of cayenne pepper, if using.7.Serve over hot cooked rice and garnish with green onions.
- Serve over hot cooked rice and garnish with green onions.
Posted by Coba Grills and we thank Today for this delicious recipe and the recipe link https://www.today.com/recipes/shrimp-creole-recipe-t262150