Preparation time: 10 mins
Cooking time: 10 mins
- 1/2 lb shrimp U16-20
- 1/2 tsp white pepper
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp msg
- 1 jalapeno sliced
- 2 freshno chilis sliced
- 1 thai chili pepper sliced, optional
- 5 cloves garlic minced
- 2 tbsp fried garlic minced
- 1/2 cup cornstarch
- 2 cups neutral oil
- Buy shell on & deveined shrimp, otherwise rinse and clean shell your shrimp, then cut off claws with kitchen shears. Cut through the shell along the top of the shrimp and devein.
- Chop garlic and fresh peppers and place in a small bowl. In another small bowl, mix white pepper, salt and msg to make your spicy salt.
- Dredge shrimp in cornstarch and heat 2 cups of avocado oil to 375F.
- Fry shrimp in batches for 2 minutes until golden brown and shell is crisp. Set on a paper towel to drain and immediately season with a few pinches of spicy salt.
- Heat 1/2 tbsp of oil over high heat, then fry garlic and peppers for 1 minute. Add back your shrimp and the remaining spicy salt and stir fry for another minute. Add fried garlic for garnish and enjoy!