Preparation time: 20 mins
Cooking time: 30 mins
- 1/2 cup dried quinoa or 1 cup cooked quinoa
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 cup reserved squash seeds (optional)
- Olive oil
- 1 large delicata squash, cut into quarters and then sliced into 1/2-inch-thick "arch" slices
- 1 large sweet potato, peeled and slice into 1/2-inch-thick rounds
- 3 large carrots, peeled, sliced on a bias into 1/2-inch-thick pieces
- 1 medium butternut or honeynut squash, diced into 1/2-inch-thick cubes
- 1 shallot, minced
- 1/4 cup finely chopped parsley
- 1/2 cup feta, crumbled
Maple Dijon Dressing (Makes About 1/2 Cup)
- 1/2 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1½ tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1½ tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
For The Salad
- Preheat the oven to 375 F.
- Fill a saucepan with 1 cup of water along with 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt. Bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer. Add the quinoa and cover. Cook for 10 to 15 minutes until all the liquid is absorbed.
- Once the liquid is absorbed, adjust the heat to medium and sauté it for 2 to 3 minutes to remove any excess moisture. Remove it from the heat and spread it onto a sheet pan along with the reserved squash seeds, if using. Drizzle with 1 to 2 tablespoons of olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Toss to coat well with the seasonings and oil. Bake in the oven on the lower rack for 15 minutes, or until the quinoa and seeds are golden brown and crispy.
- Place the rest of the vegetables onto another sheet pan (or 2 smaller ones) and season with olive oil and salt and pepper. Coat evenly in the seasoning. Bake in the oven on the middle rack for 25 to 30 minutes until fork-tender, golden brown and cooked through. Check on them at 20 minutes and if they are browning on the side closest to the pan, flip them over for the remainder of the roast time. Let the vegetables cool to room temp before assembling the salad.
For The Dressing
- Combine the maple syrup, Dijon mustard and apple cider vinegar in a small bowl. Whisk until combined. Slowly pour in the extra virgin olive oil, while whisking constantly to combine, or you can add all ingredients to a Mason jar and shake until combined.
- Combine the roasted vegetables, pumpkin seeds, quinoa, minced shallot, half of the parsley and half of the dressing in a salad bowl. Toss together. Top with extra parsley if desired along with some crumbled feta. Serve with any extra dressing on the side.
Posted by Coba Grills and we thank Today for this delicious recipe and the recipe link https://www.today.com/recipes/root-vegetable-harvest-salad-crispy-quinoa-recipe-t271878