Preparation time: 20 mins
Cooking time: 2 hrs 30 mins
- 1 (6½- to 7-pound) whole bone-in turkey breast
- Kosher salt and ground black pepper
- 1 cup (2 sticks) salted butter, softened
- 8 cloves garlic, grated
- 2 teaspoons hot paprika
- 1/4 cup chopped sage leaves
- 3 tablespoons chopped tarragon leaves
- 3 tablespoons thyme leaves
- 1 tablespoon ground mustard
- 1 (13-ounce) jar apricot jam, reserve 2 tablespoons
- Preheat the oven to 325 F.
- Place the turkey breast, skin-side up, in a roasting pan, or if necessary, directly on a baking tray. Pat the turkey dry with a paper towel and season it evenly with salt and pepper.
- In a medium-sized bowl, mix together the softened butter, grated garlic, paprika, chopped sage leaves, tarragon, thyme, ground mustard and apricot jam. Once the ingredients have been mixed thoroughly, evenly coat the turkey breast with the butter.
- Place the turkey into the oven and bake for 1¾ to 2 hours, or until the thickest part of the turkey reaches an internal temperature of 165 F and is golden-brown. If the turkey begins to brown too quickly, loosely cover the turkey with foil and continue cooking.
- Once finished cooking, remove from the oven, spoon the pan juices over the turkey, and brush on the remaining apricot jam. Allow the turkey to rest for 20 minutes before slicing.