Preparation time: 20 mins
Cooking time: 3 hrs
- 1 (8 to 10 pound) bone-in smoked ham
- ¼ cup roasted garlic, drained and roughly chopped
- ¼ cup honey
- ¼ cup fresh orange juice (from 1 orange)
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- Preheat the oven to 350°F with a rack in the center position.
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, combine ½ cup water, roasted garlic, honey, orange juice, mustard, thyme, cinnamon, and salt. Bring to a boil then reduce the heat and simmer for 15 minutes until the glaze is thickened.
- Place the ham in a large roasting pan. Brush the ham with about a third of the glaze and cook, uncovered, for 50 minutes. Brush the ham with about half of the remaining glaze and continue cooking for another 50 minutes. Brush the ham with the remaining glaze and continue cooking until it has cooked for a total of 15 minutes per pound, 10 to 40 minutes more. An instant-read thermometer inserted in the thickest part of the ham willread 140°F when the ham is fully warmed through. If the ham is beginning to burn before it’s finished cooking, cover it with foil.
- Allow the ham to rest for 15 minutes. Serve warm.
Posted by Coba Grills and we thank The Modern Proper for this delicious recipe and the recipe link https://themodernproper.com/roasted-garlic-honey-baked-ham