Preparation time: 5 mins
Cooking time: 15 mins
- 1 tablespoon salt + more to taste
- 1/2 pound rigatoni or other tubular pasta
- 3 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 1 cup roughly chopped walnuts
- 1 cup fresh ricotta cheese
- Freshly ground black pepper (optional)
- Bring a 6-quart pot of water to a boil for the pasta. Add 1 tablespoon salt to the water and when it dissolves, stir in the rigatoni.
- While the rigatoni cooks, add the broccoli to a large saucepan or skillet over medium heat with a splash of the pasta water. Cover and cook the broccoli just until tender, about 5-7 minutes.
- Uncover and add the walnuts, cooking just until warmed and toasted.
- When the rigatoni is al dente, add it to the broccoli and walnuts along with 1/4 cup of the pasta cooking water. Taste and add salt as needed.
- Divide the pasta between 4 bowls and top each with about 1/4 cup ricotta cheese and a sprinkle of pepper, if desired. Serve immediately.
Posted by Coba Grills and we thank Today for this delicious recipe and the recipe link https://www.today.com/recipes/rigatoni-broccoli-walnuts-ricotta-t43286