Preparation time: 10 mins
Cooking time: 10 mins
- 8 tablespoons salted butter (1 1/2 sticks)
- 1 pound mini marshmallows, from about 1 1/2 average size bags
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract (optional)
- 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
- 6 cups crispy rice cereal, such as Rice Krispies
- 1 cup freeze-dried blueberries, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup freeze-dried raspberries, coarsely chopped
- Grease a 9x13-inch baking pan with baking spray. Set aside.
- Melt butter in a large pot over medium-high heat. Add the marshmallows to the melted butter, reduce the heat to low and stir continuously, just until marshmallows are 80 percent melted. Remove from heat, add the almond extract and pinch salt, followed by the cereal. Stir until completely combined, then fold in the freeze-dried berries.
- Transfer mixture to the prepared baking pan and use a damp spatula to gently press into the pan. (Don’t pack too tightly — a gentle hand will keep the treats soft and gooey). Let cool for 20 to 30 minutes, then cut into rectangles for serving.
Posted by Coba Grills and we thank Today for this delicious recipe and the recipe link https://www.today.com/recipes/red-white-berry-marshmallow-treats-recipe-t257913