Preparation time: 30 mins
Cooking time: 20 mins
- 2 dozen eggs
- 1½ cups extra-sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 cup mild cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup hickory smoked bacon, cooked and cut into 1/4 pieces
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup onion, minced
- 1 large clove garlic, minced
- 1 4-ounce jar diced pimentos, drained
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 1/4 cup cooked hickory smoked bacon, crumbled
- 4 scallions, green and white parts, chopped
- 24 fried popcorn shrimp, chopped (optional)
- In a large saucepan, place eggs in a single layer and cover with enough water to cover the eggs with 1½ inches of water above the eggs.
- Heat, uncovered, over medium-high heat until water begins to boil. Cover, reduce the heat to low, and cook for 1 minute.
- Remove the saucepan from the heat and leave, covered, for 14 minutes, then rinse under cold running water for 1 minute.
- Remove the eggs from the water, gently crack the eggshells and carefully peel them under cool running water. Blot the eggs dry with paper towels.
- Slice the eggs in half lengthwise and remove the yolks. Place half of the yolks into a large bowl and all of the whites on a large serving platter. Save the remaining yolks for another use.
- Mash the egg yolks into a fine crumble using the back of a dinner fork.
- Add cheddar, 1/2 cup bacon, cream cheese, mayonnaise, onion, garlic, pimentos, paprika, cayenne, salt, and pepper, and use a rubber spatula to mix until well combined. (You can also make the filling in the bowl of a stand mixer, using the paddle attachment.)
- Season to taste with salt and black pepper.
- Using a spoon or piping bag, evenly divide the deviled egg mixture into the egg whites.
- Garnish with crispy bacon, scallions, and fried popcorn shrimp.
Posted by Coba Grills and we thank Today for this delicious recipe and the recipe link https://www.today.com/recipes/pimento-cheese-stuffed-deviled-eggs-recipe-t107675