Preparation time: 15 mins
Cooking time: 40 mins
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 pinch crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 loaf crusty bread, such as sourdough
- 12 ounces mozzarella, cut into pieces
- 3 ounces pepperoni
- Freshly grated Parmesan
- Marinara sauce, for serving
- Preheat your oven to 375 F, line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a small bowl, add the garlic, Italian seasoning, red pepper flakes and olive oil, stir to mix and set aside.
- Cut the loaf about 3/4 of the way through into little squares, brush or spoon the garlic oil all over the bread (inside the little cuts as well) then stuff the cut pieces with a piece of mozzarella and pepperoni. Once done, sprinkle some Parmesan all over the top, cover with aluminum foil and bake for 20 minutes, covered, then remove the foil and bake another 20 minutes or until deeply golden brown.
- Serve with a side of marinara sauce and dig in.