Preparation time: 15 mins
Cooking time: 7 mins
- 4 x 6 Oz salmon filet
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoon cumin
- 2 teaspoon chile powder
- 1 avocado ( slightly firm) diced
- 1 Cup diced cucumber
- ½ jalapeno
- ¼ C chopped cilantro
- 1 lime- juice and zest
- 2 teaspoons Olive oil
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ C plain Greek yogurt
- lime juice from one small lime
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 1 T olive oil
- ⅛ C chopped cilantro
- ½ tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. pepper
- 4 heads little gems lettuce ( or baby romaine) 1 per person
- Preheat grill.
- In a small bowl, make the rub -mix salt, pepper, chili powder and cumin. Rub all sides of salmon with the spice rub.
- Make the dressing. Whisk all ingredients in a small bowl.
- Make the salsa. Mix all ingredients except avocado in a medium bowl. Gently fold in avocado last so it stays intact, and don’t over mix, you don’t want it mushy.
- Quarter lettuce vertically. Set aside.
- Grill salmon over medium high heat on a greased grill, a few minutes on each side until desired doneness….preferable medium or medium rare.
- To assemble: Toss lettuce gentle with a little dressing, just enough to coat. Lay on a plate, creating a bed for the salmon. Place salmon over top, then spoon avocado salsa over top. Serve with lime wedges and cilantro sprigs.
Posted by Coba Grills and we thank Feasting at Home for this delicious recipe and the recipe link is https://www.feastingathome.com/grilled-salmon-salad-with-avocado-salsa/