Preparation time: 15 mins
Cooking time: 20 mins
- 4 lobsters, 1¼ to 1½ pounds each
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup finely diced celery
- A few celery leaves (optional)
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 8 New England style hot dog buns
- 1 stick salted butter, cut into 4 pieces
- Bring a couple inches of salted water to a boil in a large pot fitted with a lid. Place a few crumpled up pieces of aluminum foil in the bottom of the pot so that the lobsters will remain above the boiling water. Add the lobsters to the pot and steam for 14 minutes. Remove the lobsters with tongs and place on a baking sheet and let rest until cool enough to handle.
- Using a pair of lobster crackers, remove the lobster meat from the shell. Set aside the meat and discard the shells. Dice the lobster meat into 1/2-inch pieces.
- In a bowl, combine the lobster meat with the mayonnaise, diced celery, celery leaves (if using) and lemon juice. Season with salt and pepper to taste. (This mixture will keep for up to 2 days in the refrigerator.
- Heat a skillet or thick-bottomed sauté pan over medium heat. Add 1 piece (1/4) of the butter to the pan and toast half the buns (4) on one side, until golden brown. Remove and place another piece of butter in the pan and toast the other side. Repeat the same process with the other 4 buns.
- Fill buns with lobster salad and enjoy.
Posted by Coba Grills and we thank Today for this delicious recipe and the recipe link https://www.today.com/recipes/lobster-rolls-recipe-t114343