Preparation time: 15 mins
Cooking time: 10 mins
- 4 tilapia fillets (about 1 pound)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- Zest of 2 limes
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil, minced
- 2 teaspoons bourbon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Black pepper to taste
- Combine olive oil, lime juice, lime zest, fresh basil, bourbon, salt and black pepper in a small bowl. Place tilapia fillets in a resealable plastic bag and pour marinade over top. Make sure all surfaces are coated well with the marinade. Seal bag and refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Preheat grill for medium-high heat.
- Remove fish from bag and pour marinade into a saucepan. Bring marinade to a boil, immediately reduce heat and let simmer on low for 5 minutes. Remove from heat, cover and keep warm.
- Grill tilapia fillets for 3 to 5 minutes per side over high heat. When fish reaches an internal temperature of 145 F. and appears opaque in colour, remove from grill and serve with a few spoonfuls of marinade drizzled over top.
- If using the fish for tacos. Skip the last step and brush the tilapia with the cooked marinade as it cooks. Remove from heat once done and flake into bite-sized pieces.
Posted by Coba Grills and we thank The Spruce Eats for this delicious recipe and the recipe link is https://www.thespruceeats.com/lime-and-basil-tilapia-recipe-334357