Preparation time: 25 mins
Cooking time: 10 mins
- 1/4 cup (60ml) lemon juice
- 5-6 parsley sprigs, leaves roughly chopped
- 1/2 tsp dried chilli flakes
- 1 1/2 tbs olive oil
- 800g skinless kingfish fillets, pinboned, cut into 3cm cubes
- 3 long red chillies
- 3 long green chillies
- 250g vine-ripened cherry tomatoes
- Soak 8 wooden skewers in water for 10 minutes. Combine juice, parsley, dried chilli, 2 tsp oil, and fish in a bowl. Cover and refrigerate for 10 minutes, then thread onto skewers.
- Meanwhile, toss chillies and tomatoes in the remaining olive oil. Heat an oiled chargrill or barbecue over medium-high heat. When hot, cook chillies for 10 minutes, turning to blacken. The skin should pop and crack open. Cut each chilli open down one side and remove seeds (unless you like it really spicy).
- Add the kingfish skewers to the chargrill or barbecue and cook for 6-8 minutes, turning once, or until just cooked. Add the tomatoes and cook for the final 5 minutes, or until softened and lightly charred.
- Serve 2 skewers per person with chargrilled tomatoes and chillies.
Posted by Coba Grills and we thank Delicious for this delicious recipe and the recipe link https://www.delicious.com.au/recipes/kingfish-skewers-chargrilled-tomatoes-chillies-gluten-free/0946164e-e1ec-4821-837c-e17092bc0d2c?current_section=recipes