Preparation time: 20 mins
Cooking time: 20 mins
- 3/4 cup kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped green chilies, drained
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 16 Triscuits or other crackers
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons beaten egg
- Optional: sour cream and sliced ripe olives
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a small bowl, combine the beans, onion, green chilies and cumin. Place eight crackers in an 8x4-in. loaf pan coated with cooking spray. Top with half of the bean mixture; layer with remaining crackers and bean mixture. Sprinkle with cheese.
- In a small bowl, combine the milk, mayonnaise and egg; pour over cheese. Bake, uncovered, until a thermometer reads 160°, 20-25 minutes. If desired, serve with sour cream and olives.
Posted by Coba Grills and we thank Delicious for this delicious recipe and the recipe link https://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/fiesta-bean-casserole/