Preparation time: 20 mins
Cooking time: 15 mins
- 1 large red onion, sliced
- 1 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup Key lime juice
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 6 Key limes, halved
- 1 beef flank steak (1 pound)
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- In a small bowl, combine onion, cilantro, vinegar, lime juice and 2 tablespoons oil until blended. Pour 1 cup marinade into a large bowl or shallow dish. Add lime halves. Rub steak with remaining oil; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Add to bowl; turn to coat. Refrigerate 8 hours or overnight. Cover and refrigerate remaining marinade.
- Drain steak, discarding marinade and limes in bowl. Place reserved marinade in a food processor; process until chopped.
- Grill steak, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from heat until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 135°; medium, 140°; medium-well; 145°), 6-8 minutes per side. Baste occasionally with reserved marinade. Let stand 10 minutes before thinly slicing steak across the grain.
Posted by Coba Grills and we thank Taste of Home for this delicious recipe and the recipe link https://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/key-west-flank-steak/