Preparation time: 20 mins
Cooking time: 40 mins
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 3 red baby potatoes
- 1 small yellow onion
- 1 small bell pepper, any color
- 1 cup spinach, chopped
- 12 medium to large eggs
- 3/4 cup heavy cream or whole milk
- 3 ounces bacon, cooked
- 2 ounces chevre, or soft goat cheese
- 1 tablespoon chives, chopped
- Fine sea salt and black pepper from a grinder, to taste
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Generously grease the base and sides of your baking dish with half of your butter, then dust with flour to prevent sticking.
- Wash the potatoes (do not peel), and slice paper thin (or use mandolin) into rounds over the base of the dish, distributing evenly.
- Peel the onions and chop into small dice.
- Slice the bell pepper into 1/4-inch strips, discarding the core, stem and seeds.
- In a 10-to 12-inch skillet, melt the remaining butter into the oil over medium heat, then add the onions.
- Cook for 2 or 3 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add the peppers and cook this mixture until the onions are translucent and the peppers are soft, about 6-7 minutes. Do not let the onions brown.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk the eggs and the cream, adding a good pinch of salt and 5 or 6 grinds of black pepper. Add in chopped spinach.
- Chop or tear the bacon into 1/2-inch pieces and scatter over the potatoes, then add the pepper and onion mixture.
- Carefully pour the egg mixture into your dish, trying to not disturb the other ingredients. Pinch small pieces of goat cheese or scatter shredded cheddar over the surface, sprinkle the chives, and finish with another grind of pepper.
- Place in the oven for about 30-40 minutes or until the center does not wobble.
- Let cool slightly then serve.
Posted by Coba Grills and we thank Today for this delicious recipe and the recipe link https://www.today.com/recipes/katherine-schwarzenegger-s-kitchen-sink-quiche-recipe-t265553