Preparation time: 10 mins
Cooking time: 10 mins
- 1 pound heirloom cherry tomatoes halved or quartered
- 3 ears corn, cooked, shucked and cut off the cob in long even pieces
- 2 avocados peeled, pitted and sliced
- 1/2 medium red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 small bunch coriander, chopped
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2-3 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice (from 1 to 2 limes)
- 2 cloves garlic, pressed or finely minced
- 2 teaspoons baobab
- 1 teaspoon hibiscus salt
- 1/8 teaspoon alligator pepper
- 2 pounds king prawns or tiger prawns, raw
- 4 tablespoons coconut oil, divided
- 1 onion, finely chopped or grated
- 2 lemons, zest and juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped thyme
- 1 teaspoon ground or freshly grated ginger
- 1 teaspoon grated garlic
- 2 teaspoons cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried shrimp powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
For The Corn Salad
- In a large salad bowl, combine sliced tomatoes, corn kernels, sliced avocado, thinly sliced red onion, 1/4 cup chopped coriander and press in 2 garlic cloves.
- Drizzle the top with extra virgin olive oil, lime juice, baobab, hibiscus salt and alligator pepper, taste.
- Toss the salad gently just until combined and serve.
For The Shrimp
- Wash the prawns and remove the heads but leave the shells on for a more dramatic presentation.
- Butterfly the prawns so that you create a greater surface area for your seasoning: Using a sharp knife, score down the belly and open out. This will also enable you to devein the prawns. Rinse thoroughly and pat dry.
- Put 2 tablespoons of the coconut oil in a bowl with all the remaining ingredients and mix well. Add the prepared prawns and gently coat them all over with the marinade. If you have time, cover the bowl with cling film and leave in the fridge for 30 minutes to soak up the marinade.
- Preheat your grill and thread the prawns on skewers (soak the skewers in water first to prevent them from burning).
- Brush the barbecue grill with some of the reserved coconut oil and also drizzle the oil over the skewers, coating each side.
- Cook the shrimp on the grill for 3 to 4 minutes on each side. Serve immediately.
Posted by Coba Grills and we thank Today for this delicious recipe and the recipe link https://www.today.com/recipes/jamestown-prawns-baobab-roasted-corn-salad-recipe-t213615