Preparation time: 10 mins
Cooking time: 20 mins
- Canola oil, for grill grate
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 (15-ounce) can small white beans, rinsed
- 4 plum tomatoes, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 tbsp. molasses
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tsp. red wine vinegar
- 2 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 6 hot dogs
- 6 hot dog buns
- Ketchup, mustard, and relish for serving
- Set up grill for direct and indirect cooking and heat to medium. Once hot, clean and lightly oil grates with canola oil.
- Heat olive oil in a 9-inch cast-iron skillet over direct heat. Add onion and cook, stirring occasionally, until tender, 2 to 4 minutes. Add beans, tomatoes, garlic, and molasses. Season with salt and pepper. Transfer skillet to indirect heat. Cook, stirring occasionally, until tomatoes break down, 15 to 20 minutes. Remove from heat. Stir in vinegar and Worcestershire.
- Grill hot dogs over direct heat, turning occasionally, until warmed through, 5 to 6 minutes. Grill buns, if desired. Serve hot dogs in buns with beans, ketchup, mustard, and relish alongside.
Posted by Coba Grills and we thank Country Living for this delicious recipe and the recipe link https://www.countryliving.com/food-drinks/a28189870/hot-dogs-with-quick-cast-iron-beans-recipe/