Preparation time: 12 mins
Cooking time: 10 mins
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup sweet paprika
- 2½ tablespoons salt
- 1 tablespoon granulated garlic
- 1 tablespoon granulated onion
- 3 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne
- 1 tablespoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
- 6 hot dogs, sliced into 1/4-inch pieces
- 4 cups diced Yukon gold potatoes
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup diced yellow onions
- 1 cup diced red bell peppers
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose barbecue seasoning (recipe above; optional)
- 3 scallions, sliced
- In a small bowl, mix together all ingredients and stir to combine well.
- Warm a large sauté pan over medium heat with 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil. Once the oil begins to smoke, gently add the sliced hot dogs to the pan and cook until browned on all sides. Once the hot dogs have browned remove them from the pan and reserve.
- Add remaining 2 tablespoons of oil to the pan then add diced potatoes, minced garlic, diced onions, and bell peppers, salt, and pepper then cover
- and cook until the potatoes are slightly brown and soft, about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Once the potatoes are tender, return the hot dogs to the pan and cook to warm through. Toss in sliced scallions to wilt and season with all-purpose barbecue seasoning and serve.
Posted by Coba Grills and we thank Today for this delicious recipe and the recipe link https://www.today.com/recipes/hot-dog-hash-recipe-t154615