Preparation time: 10 mins
Cooking time: 10 mins
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon ginger, peeled and minced
- 1/2 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 small carrot, peeled and diced
- 1/4 cup red or yellow bell pepper, diced
- 1 cup broccoli, chopped small bite-size
- 3 cups cold, cooked long-grain rice
- 1 medium tomato, seeded and chopped
- 4 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 1/2 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 1 tablespoon water or chicken broth
- 2 eggs, beaten
- Salt and pepper
- In a wok or a large pan over medium-high heat, add oil, ginger, onion, carrot and bell pepper. Saute for 3 minutes.
- Add broccoli, stir and cook for 3 minutes.
- Add rice, break it up and cook until it’s heated through.
- Add tomato, ketchup, oyster sauce and chicken broth and mix well until the rice is evenly coated.
- Make space in the centre of the rice and add the eggs. Gently stir for about 1 minute, until the egg is cooked. Mix it into the rice.
- Season with salt and pepper and serve.
Posted by Coba Grills and we thank Pickled Plum for this delicious recipe and the recipe link is https://pickledplum.com/hong-kong-style-fried-rice/