Preparation time: 10 mins
Cooking time: 20 mins
- 1/4 cup soy sauce, plus more for serving
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon peeled and grated ginger
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 1 tablespoon chili paste, plus more for serving
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 lime, juiced
- 2 scallion heads
- 1 small handful (about 1/4 cup) cilantro leaves
Hibachi Foil Packs
- 10 ounces extra firm tofu or 1 pound shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 cup corn kernels
- 1 medium zucchini, chopped (about 2 cups)
- 1/2 medium red onion, sliced
- 5 ounces portobello mushrooms, sliced (about 1 cup)
- 1 medium bunch asparagus, thick stems removed and chopped (about 2 cups)
- 1 small bok choy head, bottom sliced off, chopped
- 1 medium bell pepper (about 2 cups), chopped
- 4 tablespoons butter, divided
- 2 (8.5-ounce) microwavable jasmine rice package
- chopped chives, for garnish (optional)
- lemon juice, for garnish (optional)
- Place all of the ingredients into a blender and blend until smooth. Set aside until ready for use, place into an air-tight container and store in the fridge for up to 7 days or freezer for up to 3 months.
- Preheat the oven or grill to 425 F.
- In a medium-sized bowl, mix the tofu or shrimp, corn, zucchini, red onions, mushrooms, asparagus, bok choy and bell peppers. Then, toss together with the soy marinade.
- Place four 18- by 12-inch pieces of heavy-duty aluminum foil on the counter. Divide the rice into four servings and evenly place it in the middle of the foil. Place the vegetable mixture on top with a tablespoon of butter per packet.
- Bring the two opposite ends of the foil together and fold twice to seal, then fold in the other sides, creating leak-proof packets. Place the foil packets onto a baking tray and place them into the oven or directly onto the grill, close the grill and cook for 20 minutes.
- Carefully open the packets (hot steam will escape). Top each packet with chopped chives, lemon juice and additional chili paste and soy sauce.
recipe link https://www.today.com/recipes/hibachi-inspired-foil-packets-recipe-t219336