Preparation time: 15 mins
Cooking time: 10 mins
Chef Tami's Garlic Aioli
- 15 ounces heavy mayo
- 1/4 cup roasted garlic paste
- 3 tablespoons dried parsley
- Oil, for frying
- 1 pound wild caught whiting fish fillets, about 2 to 4 ounces each
- Seasoned corn flour
- 2 pounds large wild caught shrimp, about 8 to 10 shrimp per pound, peeled and deveined
- Chef Tami's Garlic Aioli (recipe above)
- 6 hoagie potato rolls
- 1 cup shredded lettuce or mixed salad greens
- Thinly sliced tomatoes
For The Garlic Aioli
- Mix together all ingredients in a bowl, cover and refrigerate.
For The Po'boys
- Heat a deep-fryer or pot of oil to 350 F.
- Dredge fish in corn flour and fry till golden brown and crispy, about 4 to 5 minutes. Remove to a paper towel-lined plate.
- Repeat the dredge and frying with the shrimp.
- Spread the garlic aioli on both sides of the bread.
- Place the shredded lettuce on bottom side of bread. Dress top side of the bread with sliced tomatoes.
- Layer 2 pieces of fish in the center or 5 to 6 shrimp per sandwich.