Preparation time: 15 mins
Cooking time: 12 mins
- 1 pound dry, short pasta, such as orecchiette, fusilli, or farfalle
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 medium zucchini (about 12 ounces), trimmed and cut lengthwise into 1/4-inch thick slabs
- 1 pint cherry or grape tomatoes (about 2 cups)
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt, plus more for the pasta water
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 5 skewers, soaked in water at least 30 minutes if wooden
- 6 tablespoons store-bought Parmesan and roasted garlic dressing, such as Newman’s Own, divided
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh chives
- 1/4 cup finely grated Parmesan cheese (optional)
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil over medium-high heat. Add the pasta and cook according to package directions until al dente, 10 to 12 minutes. Drain and rinse with cold water to cool. Drain well. Meanwhile, heat an outdoor grill to medium-high, direct heat (400 to 450°F).
- Drizzle the zucchini and tomatoes and zucchini with the oil and season with salt and pepper. Thread the tomatoes onto skewers (8 to 10 per skewer).
- Place the tomato skewers and zucchini slabs on the grill. Cover and grill until the zucchini is charred and tender, about 5 minutes per side. Grill the tomatoes until the skins begin to split, flipping once, 4 to 5 minutes total.
- Slide the tomatoes off of the skewers into the bowl of pasta. Cut the zucchini into 1/2-inch pieces and add to the bowl. Add 1/4 cup of the dressing and toss to coat. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- When ready to serve, toss with 2 more tablespoons dressing. Sprinkle with the chives and cheese if desired. Taste and season with salt and pepper as needed before serving.
Posted by Coba Grills and we thank The Kitchn for this delicious recipe and the recipe link https://www.thekitchn.com/grilled-zucchini-pasta-salad-22922890