Preparation time: 10 mins
Cooking time: 30 mins
- 1 tbsp. olive oil, plus more for coating the fish
- 2 medium eggplants, cut into 1⁄2" cubes
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 can (14 1⁄2 oz.) diced tomatoes
- 2 tbsp. raisins (preferably golden raisins)
- 2 tbsps. capers
- 2 tbsps. red wine vinegar
- 1 tbsps. sugar
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh basil
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Heat the olive oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat.
- Add the eggplant, onion, and garlic and sauté for about 5 minutes, until lightly browned and softened.
- Add the tomatoes, raisins, capers, vinegar, and sugar.
- Cover and simmer for 15 minutes, until the vegetables are very soft and the mixture has the consistency of marmalade.
- Stir in the basil and season with salt and black pepper. Keep warm.
- Preheat a grill or grill pan over medium-high heat.
- Coat the swordfish with olive oil and season both sides with salt and black pepper. Grill the steaks for 4 minutes, until nice grill marks have developed (you can rotate the steaks 45 degrees midway through to create diamond-shaped grill marks if you like).
- Flip and continue cooking for about 4 minutes longer, until the flesh flakes with gentle pressure from your finger.
- Serve each serving of swordfish with a generous scoop of caponata over the top.
Posted by Coba Grills and we thank Eat This, Not That for this delicious recipe and the recipe link is https://www.eatthis.com/grilled-swordfish-caponata-recipe/