Preparation time: 5 mins
Cooking time: 20 mins
- 2 medium sweet potatoes cut into 3/4-in.-thick wedges (about 18 oz.)
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 5/8 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- Cooking spray
- 2 cups fresh sweet cherries, pitted and coarsely chopped (about 13 oz.)
- 3/4 cup fresh corn kernels
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced white onion
- 2 1/2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh lime juice 1/2 jalapeño, thinly sliced
- Preheat grill to medium-high (about 450°F).
- Fill a large saucepan with water to a depth of 1 inch; bring to a boil. Insert steamer basket. Add sweet potato wedges; cover, and steam 10 minutes. Combine potatoes, oil, cumin, and 1/4 teaspoon salt in a bowl; toss.
- Coat grill grate with cooking spray. Add potatoes to grill; cook 2 minutes on each side or until tender. Place potatoes on a platter.
- Combine remaining 3/8 teaspoon salt, cherries, and remaining ingredients in a bowl; spoon over potatoes.