Preparation time: 15 mins
Cooking time: 20 mins
- 3 large unpeeled sweet potatoes (about 2 1/2 lb.), each cut into 8 wedges
- 2 1/2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 ounce queso fresco (fresh Mexican cheese), crumbled (about 1/4 cup)
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh chives
- Preheat grill to medium (350°F to 400°F). Toss together sweet potatoes and 1 1/2 tablespoons of the oil in a microwavable bowl. Cover with plastic wrap; microwave on HIGH until tender when pierced with a knife, about 8 minutes, tossing and re-covering after 4 minutes. Let cool 15 minutes.
- Add chili powder, salt, pepper, and remaining 1 tablespoon oil to sweet potatoes; toss to coat.
- Place sweet potatoes, cut side down, on oiled grates; grill, uncovered, until charred and tender, 2 to 3 minutes per cut side. Remove from grill. Drizzle evenly with honey; sprinkle with queso fresco and chives.
Posted by Coba Grills and we thank Southern Living for this delicious recipe and the recipe link is https://www.southernliving.com/recipes/grilled-sweet-potato-fries