Preparation time: 20 mins
Cooking time: 20 mins
- 2 lb. skirt steak (or flat iron)
- 2 romaine hearts, cut in half lengthwise
- 1 red onion, cut into 1-inch rings, keeping rings intact
- 2 avocados, cut in half, pit removed
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 3 tbsp. olive oil
- Sea salt
- Blue cheese, for garnishing
Blue Cheese Dressing
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 tsp Worcestershire
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp white vinegar
- 2 tbsp chives
- 1 tbsp heavy cream
- 4 oz blue cheese, crumbled
- In a small bowl, mix together all dressing ingredients. Stir until completely combined and set aside in refrigerator.
- Remove the meat from the refrigerator 1 hour before grilling. This will allow meat to be brought to room temp.
- Heat your grill on high for 10 minutes. While the grill is heating, pat dry your your meat dry with a paper towel and generously salt and pepper.
- Place your meat on the hot grill and allow to cook without moving for 4 minutes. Turn and cook for 3-4 more minutes and remove. Allow to rest under tented foil for 10 minutes.
- While your meat is resting, brush your lettuce, avocado and onions with olive oil and sprinkle with salt. Reduce the heat to medium-low and place all the vegetables on the grill, oiled side down. Brush the opposite side with oil. Once charring begins the vegetables are ready to turn. (About 2-4 minutes). Turn the lettuce and onions over and remove the avocado. Continue cooking until opposite side has some charring.
- While still warm, roughly chop the lettuce and slice the avocado. Then, separate onion rings.
- On a large platter arrange the lettuce, onions, avocado, halved tomatoes and sliced steak.
- Drizzle dressing over the top and sprinkle with extra blue cheese and chives.