Preparation time: 30 mins
Cooking time: 15 mins
- 4 red Fresno or 3 serrano chiles, halved, seeds removed
- 3 lemongrass stalks, bottom third only, tough outer layers removed, coarsely chopped
- 1 3" piece ginger, peeled, thinly sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, smashed
- 1 Tbsp. light brown sugar
- 1 tsp. toasted sesame oil
- ¼ cup vegetable oil, plus more for the grill
- 5 Tbsp. seasoned rice vinegar, divided
- 3 lb. ¼"–½"-thick crosscut bone-in beef short ribs (flanken style)
- Kosher salt
- 6 oz. daikon, peeled, halved lengthwise, thinly sliced crosswise
- Purée chiles, lemongrass, ginger, garlic, brown sugar, sesame oil, ¼ cup vegetable oil, and 3 Tbsp. vinegar in a blender or food processor until smooth. Place ribs in a glass baking dish; season generously with salt on both sides. Pour chile paste over and turn ribs to coat. Let sit at room temperature at least 15 minutes and up to 1 hour.
- Prepare a grill for high heat; oil grate. Remove ribs from dish and grill until lightly charred and crisp around the edges, about 2 minutes per side. Transfer to a platter and let rest 5 minutes.
- While the ribs are resting, combine daikon, a pinch of salt, and remaining 2 Tbsp. vinegar in a medium bowl and toss, massaging with your hands until slightly softened.
- To serve, scatter daikon over ribs, leaving any liquid in the bowl.
Posted by Coba Grills and we thank Bon Appétit for this delicious recipe and the recipe link is https://www.bonappetit.com/recipe/grilled-chile-lemongrass-short-ribs-with-pickled-daikon