Preparation time: 10 mins
Cooking time: 15 mins
- 1 pound vegetable of choice: bell peppers, jalapeños, zucchini, red onions, green onions or asparagus, mushrooms
- 4 fully cooked or raw sausages
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Sea salt and freshly cracked black pepper, to taste
Creamy Dill Dip
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh dill, plus more to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/3 cup finely grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- Freshly cracked pepper to taste
- Seed bell peppers and jalapeños and cut them into ½ inch wide slices, keeping their length. Cut the zucchini into 4-inches x 1/2-inch spears. Slice the red onion and mushrooms ⅓-inch thick. Grab your grill basket for your mushrooms and onions. Trim your asparagus.
- Heat a grill or grill pan to medium until smoking.
- Toss all of your prepared vegetables and the sausage with the olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Place the sausage on the grill. Cook time will depend on the sausage you are working with. If you are using raw sausage you can expect them to be fully cooked through in about 12-15 minutes, rotate often. If you are using fully cooked sausage, they will be warmed through and lightly charred in about 6-8 minutes, rotate often.
- Place the vegetables on the grill or in the grill basket. The vegetables should all be charred and tender in about 6-8 minutes. After laying the vegetables (including green onion) crosswise over the grill, close the lid and let them cook for 2-3 minutes. Flip and cook the other side. Keep doing this until they are tender, one to two more times.
- While the veggies and sausage are grilling, make the creamy dill sauce. In the base of a blender or food processor add all of the ingredients for the creamy dill dressing and blend until smooth. This dressing can be made up to 3 days ahead of time.
- Slice up the sausage and place them on a platter with the vegetables. Drizzle with the creamy dill dressing.