Preparation time: 15 mins
Cooking time: 20 mins
- 6 1-inch thick boneless, skinless salmon fillets (approximately 10 ounces each)
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 orange, juiced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 2 pounds cleaned baby spinach
- 2 cups cooked cannellini beans
- 1/2 cups thinly sliced sun-dried tomatoes
- 1 roasted red pepper, cut into thin strips
- 1 roasted yellow pepper, cut into thin strips
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 2 cups extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 minced shallots
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 3 tablespoons chopped parsley and fresh basil
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- One to two hours before grilling, season salmon with salt and pepper and brush with marinade.
- Drain salmon of marinade and pat fillets dry with paper towels. Lightly oil the hot grill and grill salmon over very high heat, about 3-4 minutes per side.
- Combine the balsamic and mustard. Whisk in oil gradually, add seasoning, shallot and fresh herbs.
- Toss spinach in a large bowl with beans, peppers and sun dried tomatoes. Dress salad with desired amount of vinaigrette. (Balsamic vinaigrette can also serve as a accompanying sauce for grilled salmon).
- Plate salad and, hot off the grill, place salmon on top of salad and serve.