Preparation time: 15 mins
Cooking time: 30 mins
- 3 lb. baby Yukon gold potatoes (about the size of a walnut halved)
- Kosher salt
- black pepper
- 6 tbsp. olive oil, divided
- 6 slices center-cut bacon cut into 1/2 in. pieces
- 2 garlic cloves, very finely chopped
- 1/4 c. apple cider vinegar
- 2 tsp. firmly packed brown sugar
- 8 scallions
- 2 tbsp. fresh marjoram, plus more for garnish
- Heat grill to medium-high. Line a plate with paper towels.
- Place potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with cold salted water by 2 inches. Cover and bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer until easily pierced with a knife, 14 to 16 minutes. Drain and let cool. Transfer to a bowl and toss with 2 tablespoons of oil.
- Meanwhile, cook bacon in a large skillet over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until crisp, 5 to 7 minutes. Remove to prepared plate with a slotted spoon.
- Discard all but 1 tablespoon of bacon drippings from skillet. Off the heat, add garlic, vinegar, and brown sugar to the drippings in the skillet, scraping up any browned bits. Whisk in remaining 4 tablespoons oil. Season with salt and pepper. Transfer to a bowl.
- Grill potatoes cut-side down until lightly charred, 2 to 3 minutes. Grill scallions, turning occasionally, until charred, 4 to 6 minutes. Chop scallions into 1-inch pieces.
- Add potatoes, scallions, and marjoram to bowl with dressing, and toss to coat. Let stand for 5 minutes. Sprinkle with bacon, and toss to coat. Season with salt and pepper. Garnish with marjoram. Serve immediately.
Posted by Coba Grills and we thank Country Living for this delicious recipe and the recipe link https://www.countryliving.com/food-drinks/recipes/a35856/grilled-potato-salad-with-bacon-vinaigrette/