Preparation time: 10 mins
Cooking time: 10 mins
- 1 1/2 tsp kosher salt, plus more to taste
- 3/4 tsp freshly cracked black pepper, plus more to taste
- 3/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1 Tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tsp dried Basil
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 6 boneless pork chops (1 1/2”-thickness)
- 1 (8 oz) ball fresh mozzarella, thinly sliced
- 2 Roma tomatoes, cut into slices
- 2 Tbsp balsamic glaze or homemade balsamic reduction
- 8-10 basil leaves, thinly sliced Or roughly chopped
- Heat a grill or grill pan over medium high heat.
- In a small bowl mix together the salt, pepper, garlic powder, brown sugar and dried basil until fully combined.
- Drizzle the olive oil over the pork chops and sprinkle with the seasoning blend on both sides.
- Place the pork on the grill and cook for 3-4 minutes. Flip the chops and top with the mozzarella slices. Cover the grill and cook for 3-4 more minutes until the center of the chops reach 145°F on an instant-read thermometer and the cheese is beginning to melt.
- Remove from heat and place the pork on a plate to rest. Top each chop with slices of tomato and salt and pepper to taste. Drizzle with balsamic glaze, sprinkle with basil and serve.
- Pork is easy to grill any day of the week!
Posted by Coba Grills and we thank The Modern Proper for this delicious recipe and the recipe link https://themodernproper.com/grilled-pork-chop-caprese