Preparation time: 15 mins
Cooking time: 30 mins
Peanut dressing (Makes about 1 cup)
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons pineapple juice
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons ginger powder
- 6 tablespoons water
- 2-3 teaspoons Sriracha sauce (optional)
- 1 pineapple, sliced into rings or spears
- 4-8 handfuls (or cups) lettuce greens of choice
- 4 cups shredded cabbage
- 1 medium red bell pepper, diced
- 1 bunch scallions, chopped
- 1/2-3/4 cup roasted peanuts, roughly chopped
- Add all the ingredients (except for the water) to a bowl and mix until thick and smooth. Add in the water and stir until you create a thick and creamy dressing consistency. If you’d like a thinner consistency, add an additional tablespoon of water. Add Sriracha sauce for heat, if preferred.
- Cut the top and outer skin from pineapple and slice the pineapple into about 8 circles, about 1/2-inch-thick (alternatively, you can cut it into spears). Lay flat on a tray and mist both sides with oil spray. Place on a hot outdoor grill (or indoor grill pan) and cook until deeply golden and caramelized, about 5 to 7 minutes per side.
- Place the lettuce and shredded cabbage among 4 wide shallow salad bowls. Drizzle on some peanut dressing and toss to coat veggies. Top with grilled pineapple, diced bell pepper, scallions and peanuts. Drizzle more peanut dressing over the top.