Preparation time: 15 mins
Cooking time: 10 mins
- 2 beef skirt or flank steaks (1 pound each)
- 1 bottle (12 ounces) beer
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 8 spring onions or green onions
- 1-1/4 teaspoons salt, divided
- 3/4 teaspoon pepper, divided
- Corn tortillas, minced fresh cilantro, and lime wedges
- Pound beef with a meat mallet to tenderize. In a large bowl, mix beer, lime juice and 2 tablespoons oil until blended. Add beef to marinade; turn to coat. Refrigerate, covered, at least 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cut partially through onions, leaving tops intact. Drizzle with remaining oil; sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper.
- Drain beef, discarding marinade; sprinkle with the remaining salt and pepper. On a greased grill rack, grill steaks and onions, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from heat until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 135°; medium, 140°; medium-well, 145°) and onions are crisp-tender, 2-4 minutes on each side. Cut steak diagonally across the grain into thin slices. Serve with tortillas, onions, cilantro and lime wedges.
Posted by Coba Grills and we hank Taste of Home for this delicious recipe and the recipe link https://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/grilled-onion-skirt-steak-tacos/