Preparation time: 5 mins
Cooking time: 10 mins
CHIPOTLE ADOBO MAYO
- 1 1/2 tbsp chipotle in adobo sauce (1 chipotle + sauce totalling 1 1/2 tbsp) (Note 4)
- 1/4 cup whole egg mayonnaise (Note 1)
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano flakes
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Black pepper
- 4 to 6 corn on the cob
- 1/2 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese (Note 2)
- 1/4 tsp ancho chili powder, chipotle powder or smoky paprika
- Lime wedges, for serving
- Place the Chipotle Adobo Mayo ingredients in a small food processor and blend until smooth.
- BBQ: Heat the grill side on high. Grill corn for around 8 minutes, or until charred all over and cooked through.
- Stovetop: Boil a large pot of water. Add the corn and boil for 10 minutes. Drain and let the corn steam dry in the colander for a few minutes. Heat a skillet with 1 tbsp of olive oil over high heat. Add the corn and cook all over until nicely charred.
- Allow the corn to cool slightly.
- Place the parmesan in a shallow dish.
- Use a pastry brush to generously slather each corn with the Chipotle Adobo Mayo.
- Roll the corn in the parmesan.
- Sprinkle with a pinch of ancho chili powder, and serve with lime wedges on the side.
Posted by Coba Grills and we thank RecipeTin Eats for this delicious recipe and the https://www.recipetineats.com/grilled-mexican-corn-with-chipotle-adobo-sauce-mexicano-restaurant-copycat/#wprm-recipe-container-25153