Preparation time: 8 hrs.
Cooking time: 30 mins
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano (preferably Greek), crumbled
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 (4 1/2- to 5-lb) butterflied boneless leg of lamb, trimmed of fat
- 3 10- to 12-inch metal skewers
- A large (2-gallon) heavy-duty sealable plastic bag; 3 or 4 (10- to 12-inch) metal skewers
- Combine oil, lemon juice, garlic, oregano, salt, and pepper in a sealable plastic bag. Add lamb and seal bag, pressing out air. Turn bag to coat lamb, then put the bag in a shallow baking pan and marinate, chilled, turning bag over occasionally, at least 8 hours.
- Bring lamb to room temperature, about 1 hour, before grilling.
- Prepare grill for cooking over direct heat with medium-hot charcoal (moderate heat for gas)
- Remove lamb from marinade (discard marinade) and run 3 or 4 skewers lengthwise through lamb about 2 inches apart. Grill on a lightly oiled grill rack, covered only if using a gas grill, turning over occasionally and, if necessary, moving around on grill to avoid flare-ups, until thermometer registers 125 to 128°F, 8 to 14 minutes total for medium-rare.
- Transfer lamb to a cutting board and remove skewers. Let lamb stand, loosely covered with foil, 20 minutes. (Internal temperature will rise to 135°F while meat stands.) Cut across the grain into slices.
Posted by Coba Grills and we thank Epicurious for this delicious recipe and the recipe link is https://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/grilled-marinated-leg-of-lamb-234655