Preparation time: 20 mins
Cooking time: 50 mins
- 2 tablespoons ginger, roughly chopped
- 6-8 garlic cloves
- 1 (5-inch) piece of lemongrass, roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/4 cup neutral oil, such as vegetable oil, plus more for grill
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 5 pound chicken, spatchcocked
Sriracha-Brown Sugar Sauce
- 1/4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1/4 cup soy sauce or tamari
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sriracha
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon minced ginger
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 bunch scallions, chopped
- 2 teaspoons ginger, minced
- 2 teaspoons garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce or tamari
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons neutral oil, like vegetable oil
- Heat your grill to medium-high heat.
- Make the lemongrass paste: In a small food processor, add the ginger, garlic cloves, lemongrass, honey, neutral oil and kosher salt. Blend on high until a paste is formed.
- Pat the chicken dry and coat it on all sides with the lemongrass paste.
- Once the grill is preheated, reduce heat to medium, brush the grates with oil. Grill the chicken skin side down over direct heat, until golden brown, crispy and lightly charred, about 5 minutes (watch closely during this process, careful not to completely burn the chicken. Turn the heat down to low, flip the chicken over (see note 1). Continue to grill until the skin is golden brown all over, juices run clear, and an instant read thermometer inserted deep into the thigh registers 165°F, about 45 minutes.
- Once the chicken is cooked through, remove it from the grill and let it rest for 10 minutes before carving.
- While the chicken is cooking, combine all of the ingredients for the sriracha-brown sugar sauce in a small saucepan set over medium heat. Bring to a simmer, and cook until the sauce thickens slightly, about 10 minutes, then remove it from the heat. The sauce will continue to thicken as it cools.
- In a small bowl, whisk together all of the ingredients for the scallion oil.
- Serve the chicken drizzled with sriracha-brown sugar sauce and scallion oil.
Posted by Coba Grills and we thank The Modern Proper for this delicious recipe and the recipe link https://themodernproper.com/grilled-lemongrass-chicken