Preparation time: 10 mins
Cooking time: 20 mins
- 3 pounds chicken wings
- Vegetable oil, for grill or grill pan
- 1/4 cup Freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Finely minced flat leaf parsley, optional
Lemon Pepper Spice Rub
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest, from 1 lemon
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
Lemon Pepper Sauce
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt or sour cream
- 1 Tablespoon honey
- 1 Tablespoon Dijon mustard
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice, from 2 large lemons
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce, such as Tabasco
- 1 garlic clove, grated
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly cracked black pepper
- Make the lemon pepper seasoning. In a large bowl mix together the lemon zest, salt, smoked paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, cayenne, and black pepper until combined. Set aside 1 teaspoon of the lemon pepper seasoning to mix into the lemon pepper sauce you’ll be making later.
- Pat the chicken wings dry with a paper towel and add them to the large bowl with the lemon pepper seasoning and toss until the wings are evenly coated.
- Make the lemon pepper sauce. In a small bowl, mix together the mayonnaise, yogurt, honey, mustard, lemon zest, lemon juice, hot sauce, garlic, black pepper and reserved 1 teaspoon of the spice mix, whisking until smooth. Scoop out 1/2 cup of the sauce and add it to the bowl with the wings, tossing again until all the chicken is evenly coated in the marinade.
- Heat a grill or grill pan to medium heat. Oil the grill grates or the grill pan with the vegetable oil. Add the wings to the grill and cook, flipping occasionally, until the skin is golden brown and the chicken is cooked through, 165°F with an instant-read thermometer, about 15 to 20 minutes.
- Transfer the grilled wings to a platter and sprinkle with the freshly grated Parmesan cheese and parsley, if using. Add more black pepper to taste. Serve the remaining lemon pepper sauce on the side for dipping.
Posted by Coba Grills and we thank The Modern Proper for this delicious recipe and the recipe link https://themodernproper.com/grilled-lemon-pepper-chicken-wings