Preparation time: 10 mins
Cooking time: 20 mins
- 1 teaspoon Meyer lemon zest plus 1/2 cup finely chopped Meyer lemon segments, divided
- 1/4 cup finely chopped shallot
- 2 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup plus 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1/4 cup drained capers, roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup pitted Castelvetrano olives, chopped
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon Aleppo pepper or 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- Pinch of cayenne pepper
- 6 (5-ounce) skin-on king salmon fillets
- 2 teaspoons fresh thyme leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Combine lemon segments, shallot, 1 teaspoon salt, and sugar in a medium bowl. Gently whisk in 1/3 cup olive oil; stir in capers, olives, 2 tablespoons parsley, Aleppo, and cayenne. Set aside.
- Preheat the grill to very high (500°F). Brush salmon with remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil; season with thyme, pepper, lemon zest, remaining 1 tablespoon parsley, and remaining 1 1/2 teaspoons salt. Grill salmon, skin sides down, covered, until skin is golden and crispy, about 3 minutes. Flip fish, and grill, uncovered, to desired degree of doneness, 2 to 3 minutes for medium-rare.
- Transfer fillets to dinner plates, and top evenly with relish.
Posted by Coba Grills and we thank Food and Wine for this delicious recipe and the recipe link https://www.foodandwine.com/recipes/grilled-king-salmon-meyer-lemon-relish