Preparation time: 30 mins
Cooking time: 20 mins
- 2 lbs chicken (boneless, skinless breast or thigh)
- 3 peaches, sliced into wedges
- 1 red onion, sliced into wedges
- A handful of cilantro for garnish
- 1/8 cup olive oil
- 1/8 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup lime juice, more for squeezing
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, thinly sliced across the grain
- 1– 2 Scotch bonnet peppers, habaneros, or jalapeños , chopped in half
- 1 shallot, chopped ( or sub 3 scallions, or 1/4 cup red onion)
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves ( or 1/2 tablespoon dried thyme)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- Soak the skewers. Cut the chicken into 1-inch chunks and place in a bowl.
- Place all the marinade ingredients in the blender, and blend until relatively smooth. Pour the marinade over the chicken. Let sit for 30 minutes or up to 1 hour. ( The longer you marinate, the spicier they will become.)
- Pre-heat the grill to medium-high.
- Slice the peaches, and onions into ¾-inch thick wedges.
- Using gloves, (the marinade is spicy and may sting) skewer the chicken, peaches and onion. The marinade will naturally get on the peaches which is a good thing.
- Grill until all sides are nicely seared with grill marks. Turn heat down to LOW, place on a piece of heavy-duty foil, folding up the edges to catch the drippings, and close the lid, letting the chicken cook all the way through until done.
- Place on a platter, squeeze with lime, and garnish with lime or orange slices and sprinkle with cilantro. Enjoy with a big salad.