Preparation time: 15 mins
Cooking time: 30 mins
- 1 c. Israeli (pearl) couscous or quick-cooking farro
- 8 oz. asparagus, trimmed
- 4 oz. snap peas, strings removed
- 3 tsp. olive oil, divided
- Kosher salt and pepper
- 4 oz. haloumi cheese, thinly sliced (about 1/8-in. thick)
- 1 tsp. grated lemon zest plus 2 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 scallion, thinly sliced
- 1/4 c. fresh dill, chopped
- 1/4 c. flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- Cook couscous per package directions; drain, let cool then transfer to large bowl. Heat grill on medium-high.
- In second bowl, toss asparagus and snap peas with 1 teaspoon oil and 1/8 teaspoon each salt and pepper. Grill, turning or rolling once, until lightly charred and tender, 2 to 4 minutes; transfer to cutting board.
- Grill haloumi until lightly charred, about 20 seconds per side; transfer to plate.
- Cut asparagus into 1-inch pieces and snap peas into halves or thirds and toss with couscous, lemon zest, and juice, remaining 2 teaspoons oil and 1/4 teaspoon each salt and pepper. Fold in scallion, dill, and parsley.
- Tear haloumi into bite-size pieces and fold into couscous.
Posted by Coba Grills and we thank Good Housekeeping for this delicious recipe and the recipe link is https://www.goodhousekeeping.com/food-recipes/a32097516/grilled-haloumi-recipe/