Preparation time: 10 mins
Cooking time: 20 mins
- 2 medium avocados
- 2 medium jalapeños
- 2 cloves garlic, unpeeled
- Juice of 1½ limes
- 1/2 large red onion, chopped (about ½ cup)
- 1 medium tomato, seeds removed and chopped
- 1/4 c. freshly chopped cilantro
- Preheat grill or grill pan over medium heat. Halve avocados and remove pits. Place avocados cut side down, on the preheated grill, along with jalapeños and garlic. Cook, turning garlic and jalapeños occasionally until jalapeños and avocado are charred and garlic feels soft.
- Scoop grilled avocado into a large bowl. Peel garlic cloves and add to bowl with avocado. Add lime juice and use a fork to coarsely mash avocado and garlic clove together.
- Remove stems from jalapeños and cut open. Scrape out seeds, then flip peppers over and scrape off any charred bits of skin. Mince peppers, then add to the bowl with avocado, along with tomato and cilantro. Season with salt and stir to combine.
Posted by Coba Grills and we thank The Delish for this delicious recipe and the recipe link is https://www.delish.com/cooking/recipe-ideas/a28506623/grilled-guacamole-recipe/