Preparation time: 5 mins
Cooking time: 10 mins
- 1 bread loaf , fairly flat (rather than a tall loaf )
- 125 g / 1 stick salted butter (or unsalted + 3/4 tsp. salt)
- 3 garlic cloves , very finely chopped (do not use crusher or jar)
- 1 finely chopped parsley , optional
- Preheat BBQ to medium high.
- Melt butter in a small saucepan over medium high heat.
- Add garlic and salt, stir until garlic is LIGHT golden and salt is dissolved.
- Immediately remove from heat, set aside for for few minutes to let garlic infuse into butter.
- Split the bread in half lengthwise. Or use thick individual slices of bread.
- Spoon just over half the butter onto the cut face of the bread, avoiding the garlic bits. Brush a bit of butter on the other side.
- Place bread cut face down and cook for 3 - 5 minutes or until you have crusty edges, then flip.
- Brush away any burnt garlic bits, then baste on the remaining garlic butter. Garlic bits are mainly for flavour infusion but feel free to put them on too, great texture!
- Once underside is crusty (3 min or so), remove, sprinkle with parsley, cut and serve!
Posted by Coba Grills and we thank Recipe Tin Eats for this delicious recipe and the recipe link is https://www.recipetineats.com/grilled-garlic-bread/